Warehouse Associate ($18-$21hr, more with experience)
At Metal Pros we do things differently. We are a small team who prides itself in having injected "young blood" in an otherwise dinosaur industry. We have innovated every aspect of our jobs resulting in 8 consecutive years of growth. Every team member can learn and be involved with all aspects of running the business, from warehouse to light fabrication, to sales, deliveries, data management/programming, website development/content management, procurement, and business administration.
As owners, we care about your future and want to make sure that your experience at Metal Pros can open doors to any future endeavor. This is a rigorous but fulfilling job for those who want to work hard and learn a great deal in a short period of time about what it takes to become successful. Our passion is to continuously improve ourselves and each other and our mission statement is to help individuals and small businesses succeed. We have over 9,000 happy customers located across Canada.
As a warehouse associate, you will be a dedicated team player with high attention to detail and organization skills to support our company’s warehouse operations. You will learn about our products and how to collaborate with the rest of the team by spending time in the warehouse, fulfilling orders, organizing, putting stock away and performing other activities helping you understand and practice all aspects of the business. It will provide you with a great balance of mental as well as physical work.
You will be using a measuring tape and caliper as your main tools, you will have good mathematical skills, and will be multitasking in a very fast paced yet organized environment.
Experience in the industry is not necessary, but a strong ability to learn quickly and continuously is essential. The faster you learn and the more you can contribute, the more beneficial you are to our team and the more you will get paid!
You will embrace technology, as technology is our greatest communicator and management tool.
Ultimately, what makes us unique at Metal Pros, is that everyone learns every aspect of the business. As you become proficient at working in the warehouse, you will spend time performing other activities such as deliveries, quoting and communicating with customers, ordering material, managing content on our website and more. We want to make sure that this opportunity will be fulfilling and will provide you with a good balance of mental as well as physical work.
- Learning various types of metal
- Operating a forklift (after attaining required certification)
- Inventory handling and control/organization
- Cutting material to specification using various machinery
- Preparing shipments
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Using computers, tablets, tape measure
- High School Diploma (MANDATORY) (Post-Secondary is a plus)
- Strong math & logic skills (MANDATORY)
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Strong oral & written communication
- Able to lift around 50 pounds (heavy lifting is required sometimes)
- Punctuality and dependability. Good attendance and starting work on time is an absolute must
Nice to have
- Knowing how to use a tape measure
- Band saw or other light duty cutting equipment experience
- Forklift operating experience
- Computer skills/Proficient with computer software
- Drivers License for deliveries when needed
- Willing to Learn all other aspects of running the business
What's great in the job?
- Great team of smart hard working people, in a friendly and open culture
- An innovator and leader in our industry
- Everyone learns to do everything
- Happy customers, leading to lots of positive reinforcement
- Highest paid employees in our industry, raises and profit sharing based on ability rather than seniority
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company
Discover our products.
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work. You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.
A full-time position
Will continuously be trained on different aspects of the business
Be a part of an industry leader
Eat & Drink