Sales Associate ($19-$22/hr, more with experience)
At Metal Pros we do things differently. We are a small team who prides itself in having injected "young blood" in an otherwise dinosaur industry. We have innovated every aspect of our jobs resulting in 8 consecutive years of growth. Every team member can learn and be involved with all aspects of running the business, from warehouse to light fabrication, to sales, deliveries, data management/ programming, website development/ content management, procurement and business administration.
As owners, we care about your future and want to make sure that your experience at Metal Pros can open doors to any future endeavor. This is a rigorous but fulfilling job for those who want to work hard and learn a great deal in a short period of time about what it takes to become successful. Our passion is to continuously improve ourselves and each other and our mission statement is to help individuals and small businesses succeed. We have over 9,000 happy customers located across Canada.
As a Sales associate, one of the first things we do is find your strengths so we can change your title accordingly. Some of our titles are: "Problem solver", "Email Slayer", Speedy Gonzales", "Human Forklift" & "Fast & Furious" (formerly known as sales). We don't just see ourselves as sales people to small businesses but as part of their extended team, helping in every way we can to fulfill customer's needs. We provide our customers with over 6,000 metal products, cut to size and purchased from over 60 different suppliers, but we also have the key to a large network of companies and we use that knowledge to connect skills and individuals creating collaborations and synergies that help businesses grow and succeed. We sponsor dozens of University engineering teams all across Canada realizing that students are both our future work force and customers.
As a Sales Associate (until we find you a more suitable title), you will be predominantly working behind the counter in front of a computer. You will answer phones and emails and use an ERP system, Gmail, Microsoft Excel and Google Keep as predominant software. You will embrace technology, as technology is our greatest communicator and management tool. You will learn our products and how to collaborate with the rest of the team by spending time in the warehouse, fulfilling orders, organizing, putting stock away and performing other activities, helping you understand all aspects of the business.
This position is both creative and rigorous by nature, and you need to think outside the box. We expect the candidate to be proactive and have a "get it done" spirit. To be successful, you will have solid problem solving skills, great attention to detail, be full of energy and eager to learn.
- Quote customers by phone and by email
- Organize daily plan
- Order material from suppliers
- Clean/organize your surroundings
- Master our technologies
- Learn and perform all other aspects of our business
- Hardest and brightest worker at previous jobs
- Passion for technology with attention to detail
- Perfect written English and great oral communicator
- Highly creative and autonomous
- Logical and Mathematically inclined
- Big future dreams and aspirations
Nice to have
- Experience with ERP systems
- Able to use measuring tape
- Speak French
- Experience with email communication
- Clean driving record
What's great in the job?
- Great team of smart hard working people, in a friendly and open culture
- An innovator and leader in our industry
- Everyone learns to do everything
- Happy customers, leading to lots of positive reinforcement
- Highest paid employees in our industry, raises and profit sharing based on ability rather than seniority
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company
Discover our products.
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work. You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.
A full-time position
Will continuously be trained on different aspects of the business
Be a part of an industry leader
Eat & Drink